View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT48 or PDS F&R switch update with digital battery meter

Here we see the new cartsunlimited.net brushed aluminum key switch plate and in dash digital battery meter. Notice I have switched the power back on momentarily to verify the white wire has power all the time in this cart. Connecting the meter (+) to this wire will keep the meter on all the time. Connecting to the other wire will have the meter come on and off with the key. It's your choice. There is no measurable draw on the pack to run this meter. Leaving the meter on all the time will not adversely effect the battery pack. I have connected meter red (+) to the key switch.

Between pic 4 and 5 I have cut the spade terminals off of the F&R wires and pulled first the orange & then the green wires back out of the harness from a location where the OEM solenoid is located. The F&R wires were visible when I lifted the seat.

Caution - do not confuse the green wire with another green wire with white stripe in the same loom.

So I have pulled 2 of the 3 F&R wires back through the loom which leaves enough room for me to attach my meter (-) to the last F&R wire and pull it back through the loom to the battery bay where it will connect to the battery main (-).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (72.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (67.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (85.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9.0.jpg (37.4 KB, 0 views)