View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default TXT48 or PDS F&R switch update with digital battery meter

TXT48 and PDS in dash F&R switch upgrade with digital battery meter install.
Recent acquired 2010 TXT48 had 2 shortfalls. (common to TXT PDS also)
1. no battery condition indicator
2. F&R switch on the dash

I'm 6 ft tall and so I reach over 3 ft but that was not far enough to reach the F&R switch. Each time I wanted to switch direction I had to pull myself out of the seat 6 inches to reach the switch.
I know, it's not a big deal but I have a series TXT cart with the SW202 shift conversion with the rocker switch mounted just center & below the seat cushion. I can reach this without getting off the seat cushion. Basically it is ergonomically correct. Huh? You say? In short it is physically correct.
You don't pull yourself up out of the seat in your car to shift so why should you have to in the cart? And I needed a meter so I installed a series keyswitch plate and digital meter and a rocker F&R and housing at the edge of the seat.
Here is the picture log for anybody interested & 'wheels' who asked me to do this thread, thanks for asking

What I started with is standard Ezgo TXT48 dash and the common shift hole plug under the seat... (used for the series cart lever)
And here's what I ended with. Remember to begin all work by putting the run / tow switch in the tow position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.0.jpg (44.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.5.jpg (18.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 15.0.jpg (43.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 16.0.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)