Thread: Lithium install
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 09:09 AM   #19
Eco Battery
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium install

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Yes its a 36v 12 cell diy pack made with 200ah 3.6v cells so the actual voltage at full charge is more like 42v. and yes I misread the solar panel sticker... The max fuse was 15a not output.
The amp specs stated on the panel is IMP-8.99a and isc-9.48a... the vmp is 39.5 and voc-47.7v I am going to be using the green mppt boost controllers which are popular for this on youtube.
The VOC and IMP are important for selecting the proper charge controller, but wont necessarily indicate how many amps your battery will get charged with. It’s all about watts. The math is watts/battery charging voltage 355/42=8.45A which gets you the theoretical max. Then for real world you have to reduce by ~20% for panel inefficiency and other losses. So on a clear day with sun directly overhead you may see 6.7A charging. This will further reduce based on sun angle and cloud cover. 3A-4A should be expected.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the idea of a PV panel roof, and already have carts with them, I just don’t want the expectations to be unreal.
Eco Battery is offline   Reply With Quote