Thread: Lithium install
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 09:22 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Lithium install

You have a couple options for the charging receptacle. I have my charger remote and I transferred the cable from my old charger to my Lithium charger so that I can use the original receptacle to charge. If you mount the charger onboard, you can change the receptacle to one with a 115V plug in it.
I have two Yamaha drive carts with Lithium (first self built 6 years ago) and they share a charger so I like it remote. I favor remote chargers so that the charger isn't subject to the vibration it gets riding around mounted in a cart. My charger really isn't designed for that kind of life but some are more robust.
I ended up ordering custom cables to connect my Lithium packs. I replaced all of my cables with 2 gauge with modified lengths for the battery cables. Lithium packs stay nice and clean - no battery acid corrosion! It's nice to have nice new clean cables.
Yamaha carts do not have anything like an OBC that requires bypassing. Only thing you have to do is handle the reducer for the lights if you don't already have one. My carts both already had a 48v to 12v reducer that works fine with my Lithium pack even though the voltage is a bit higher. (58V max vs about 51V for FLA)
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote