View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 08:35 AM   #4
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: DuroMax 440 smokes and breaks up

I know nothing about your kart or engine, but have a suggestion.

If you have electric power, you could use an automotive electric fuel pump. They maintain constant fuel pressure to the carb at all speeds. I installed one in my Cushman Truckster four years ago and it never ran this good before. Vacuum operated, and even the old mechanical fuel pump that was on my engine (now unobtainium) are nowhere near as reliable as these electric fuel pumps. A power wire from the key switch and ground are the only electrical connections. Put a good filter between the tank and pump and locate the pump low near the level of the tank and they will run trouble free for many years. When you turn on the ignition, wait a few seconds for fuel pressure to build, and then start it. My engine needs a little choke when first started cold, but the rest of the day it will start running in about 1/2 revolution without choking. The pump only operates to keep up the fuel pressure to the carburetor, so does not run constantly.
Maintaining the fuel level in the carburetor float bowl keeps the fuel/air mixture constant, and the motor running smooth.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote