View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 G9 No Spark

Getting back to work on the buggy today. I started by removing a battery neg. to frame wire. Been reading that all accessory grounding should go to battery neg. (or a bus there). Front & rear lights are grounded through the chassis so I'll re-wire that after the cart is running.

There's also a battery neg. to voltage regulator bracket on the plastic rear fender. I don't see it in the wiring diagram but I don't see a problem with that. Is that stock?

The ground at the voltage regulator had gotten hot at some time & burned the insulation. The copper is intact & has continuity to batt. neg. so I coated it with liquid tape.

If I get the info on the starter relay/solenoid right, I shouldn't have continuity between batt. neg. and the small black wire on the solenoid? Because I am. I also get batt. voltage (minus 1 volt) between small black & small red wires.

Without spare parts laying around to swap out, it's kinda rough nailing down what the problem is. For such a simple system, it sure has me chasing my tail, LOL...
pYr8 is offline   Reply With Quote