View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
Mark442
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO running very slow

At this point I think I have more questions than answers.

You say you rode grass trails with a few guys for a few hours . . . constant (or nearly) driving? All participants on your car? With the larger tires /wheels on an electric and that kind of load on the batteries would discharge them rather quickly.

You *parked* it to recharge? Did you plug in the charger? For only 3 hours? How did you determine it was *fully charged*?

Do you know the previous owner? If the water levels in the batteries were ever low for a period of time and he kept recharging the dry or partially dry batteries . . . it is possible they will never *go the distance* again. Have you checked the water level since you've had it?

Scotty described, very well, how to get in to the diagnostic mode . . . the single beep indicated you did it correctly and indeed were in that mode. And Bolter is also right that you can force the code by (without exiting the diagnostic mode or changing anything) turn the key on and drive it until it shoots the code. Is that how you did it?

If, indeed, the batteries are good . . . you should get a code for a welded solenoid or bad speed control sensor.

I know that these questions may seem pretty basic, but trust me in that I go this with many customers all the time.

I hope this helps you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
I have a 2007 electric ezgo. Just bought it used. 2009 36 volt trojan bat. ran fine for weeks until this past weekend. I took it out hunting and used it on the grass trails with a few guys riding along for a couple of hours. It performed very well. I parked it for a while to recharge. After about 3 hours I took it back out by myself and it wont go faster than a fast walking speed. This is even on a full charge.

Does anyone have any suggestions with this issue?

thanks for the help.

Bentley
Mark442 is offline   Reply With Quote