View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #8
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Revamp of a well used 05' Precedent (long post)

Last month I got the LED's under it. I just used a 15' roll of RGB and spliced it up as needed. Ran double strips under both sides and the rear which i affixed to a 1" aluminum strip and screwed to the bottom of cart. They are just over 2' long but since i doubled them up they are pretty bright. (sorry for the poor image)

Then I finally talked the wife into letting me do a stereo on it. Infinity is adding LED's to all their marine speakers so they are closing out the old ones. I found some at the local Academy Sports for 50% off so that kicked the project off. I wanted a sub too so i went with a 5-channel amp to throw good power at everything. It was a tight fit under the hood. Almost didn't fit.

Its throwing down over 1000w of actual certified power. Its great because I don't have to turn the gains all the way up and its very loud and clear. I did the VIP vacuum formed ABS plastic dash kit to holds the Kenwood marine head unit and the front 6.5"s. I cut holes in the rear deck for the other 2 6.5's. For a sub I did the Kicker 10" marine tube enclosure which i mounted under the back set. (forgot to snap a picture of it)

I am super happy with it. It is loud and sounds great. Now i just have to do some new seats with the white stripes where the passengers sit to help tie the white speakers in and break up all the black and maybe I'll be done for a while.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote