Thread: Primer / Sealer
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #68
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Primer / Sealer

So, it's been a little over a year and I thought it was time for a Jr Dragster update!

My older son turned 13, so he moved up to the fastest class - 7.90 seconds in the 1/8 mile, equates to about 85 mph! We traded in the 8.90 engine for a new 7.90 engine, and set the clutch up for the different power curve. We also had the shock / flex function of the chassis repaired so we could use the chassis to absorb some launch and prevent tire spin. This meant we had to move the ballast weight around, necessitating a custom weight tank that mounts underneath - which had to be painted, in February!

It was a busy Winter getting this Jr Dragster prepared:

Just replacing 6" of moly tubing created a ton of work!

I Used one of the glass bottles with propellant to shoot the PPG products, worked pretty well - I was surprised.

Painted the custom weight tank as well, tough to keep dirt out of the paint but once its installed - nobody will even notice!

In between baseball, and everything else, we finally get out to big race in May. Benjamin's #1 fan (little bro Danny) is watching from the golf cart as Ben puts it in the Winners Circle! What a shock, but .001 lights go a long way. :)

We were on a roll - Benjamin won something at several tracks this year:

It was a good year!

However, the paint on the golf cart is showing the use/abuse! So, I'll load up some pics in the next day or so to inquire about repairing some issues. :(
aacorp is offline   Reply With Quote