View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 10:52 AM   #13
Eric H.
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car BigBattery 48v BDGR 96 ah install

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_hamilton1 View Post
I know this thread is a few months old but I have a question for the OP. I installed the bdgr 96ah kit in my DS series Cart i’m just wondering about how many miles are you averaging at full charge and at what voltage should I recharge the batteries I know the BMS is supposed to cut out at 36 V but will the cart still even run at that low of a voltage. My cart has all stock electronics. I know that your cart Is different just wondering what you are experiencing or if anyone else has the same batteries can give some insight. Thanks
As I stated earlier, I started at 91% and drove 9 miles in approximately 30 minutes so averaging around 18 mph give or take as this was far from a scientific test. I could have kept going but the neighbors were thinking I was crazy on my half mile loop and I needed a cocktail. At 48% charge I was at 46.30 volts. That trip used about 43% of the capacity so if I started with a full charge I could have come close to doubling the trip. I don't remember what the voltage was but one night last Thanksgiving we were driving around the campground all weekend and using the lights at night. It got down to 27% but didn't feel like it was lacking power at that point.
Eric H. is offline   Reply With Quote