View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 08:24 PM   #39
KevinBuchner
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Robins 295 won't start after rebuild

so... the saga continues....LOL I am learning a lot and will soon be a Robins 295 expert!!

The head bolt was stripped out and I tried the time sert but it did not hold. I took the block into a machine shop to have them redo the threads and they actually put threads in a hole that was supposed to be a port. ugh. I didn't think too much about it and they threaded the correct hole. I drained the oil and ran more oil through washing out some shavings of metal that had fallen down into the crankcase. When I put the engine back in the engine would not rotate freely. ugh. pulled it back out, the head looks good but still will not rotate freely. Time to pull apart the bottom end for the first time. It all looks good and now will rotate freely until I put the oil pump back on the shaft. I pull it apart and the port that the machine shop drilled and threaded goes right into the oil pump and it is full of metal shavings. I am showing my son and how cool of an oil pump it is and notice it is cracked. ugh. Ordering a new oil pump and then hopefully she will be ready to go!!!
KevinBuchner is offline   Reply With Quote