View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 02:17 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Is it possible to put dimmable headlights on a 2009 EZgo

Great idea! I did the same for a school sports cart with bright LED lights, I made them flash tho. Just used the stock light bar "turn signal" spots. My goal was slightly different, but an easy option. The turn signal area of the stock txt front light bar have their own generic plug, can easily be repurposed. I think they use "906" wedge lamps. If your front lights look like this, you can probably do it easy. I'm not sure how hard it would be with the fancy LED aftermarket stuff, but the common factory stuff (and the common Stretch aftermarket stuff of old days) used the super common "spade conectors', so the wire connection would be "simple as pie", so they say. As much as I disliked "stretch" wire harnesses (we made our own harness, but the lights were typically ok). The other aftermarket brands feel to me cheap, even cheaper than the Stretch ones. Over the years, the aftermarket "claims" to have gotten better, but it feels just as cheap as ever. Most of the "LED light kits" are lame, and I would prefer the old halogen version, because when it crapped-out, you could find the loose connection, or bad bulb (new H3 bulb at the auto parts store). Now, the cheap led stuff everyone loves has the problem of this, one lamp totally/half craps out (due to ultra cheap power supplies to the LEDs), and no parts are easily available to fix... Just buy whole entire new kit cheap AF on eBay. I use LEDs too, but I am not a fan of the aftermarket headlight replacement stuff. Works really awesome for marker lights & tail lights. The headlamp replacements always seem to have one issue, or another that I find "low rate". Won't twist in right. Requires a fan on the back (that will love grass clippings), plugs are absolutely horrible, so awesome it melts the housing, sorry.

For some "low power lights" you should look at using the turn signal area in a stock txt light bar.....(I hope that's what you have).

Sorry, rant over.....

To those who want to hate, yes I know that picture is not quite a OEM light setup, it was the closest I could get that wasn't one of the fancy LED ones. Try to find a pic, please do post it..... Everyone selling the LED magic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 806053032_tp.jpg (10.8 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote