View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
BigMikey
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Angry Precedent IQ - Beeping & Regen on downhills?

I've got a 2006 Club Car 48V Electric Professional. I've got new batteries and recently loaned it to a friend for a round of golf. This issue just came up over the last couple weekends.

Now I've got an issue as the cart is going downhill, it beeps the reverse beeper and will regen stop unless the go pedal is released and pushed back down. I used to hear this beeping only if the cart was traveling very fast downhill and it would stop regen braking upon light pressure on the brake. Now I can hear the drive relay click off and the regen kick on. This only occurs on downhill, and doesn't have to be at a high speed and never occurs on up-hill. It will occur multiple times if I have a long downhill section even if the cart is < 3-5MPH

It's super annoying and I don't know if it can be reset or if I've got a bad sensor or component...
Is there some sort of tilt sensor in this cart?
Could this be related to a bad speed sensor?
--If yes, then why don't I have issues going uphill? (NOTE: The uphill speed is 2-3x faster than when I'm just coasting downhill.)

It doesn't do it every time I take it out, it seemed like it was every other full charge, but yesterday makes it 3 charges in a row where now it seems like I have the problem all the time.

Thanks in advance for any help on where to start!!
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote