View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 Yamaha PTV EFI speed

Hello,

I saw another thread exactly with my same problem, with a solution, and I replied for more detail but not sure if that user will reply or not so I'm posting a new one. I just got a 2018 yamaha PTV 4 quiettech EFI cart, it's really nice, quiet for sure, smooth ride, very happy with it mostly. But, the specs say from factory it does 19.5MPH, I clock it with waze and another phone app for speed, and both say 15-16 MPH for top speed with just me on it, on flat ground. Also, going uphill it goes down to about 10-11MPH before the engine starts compensating and giving it more power. I feel like if I put a couple more people on it it would be really slow....just doesn't seem right for a brand new cart, especially boasting 19.5mph from factory. Are governor adjustments ever needed in the beginning even if it's from factory or should it already be set correctly? The other person mentioned they adjusted both throttle cables and that fixed it, but not sure how he adjusted, and I don't have a service manual (know where to get one?? I can't find it online??), so i don't want to go messing around with throttle cables and governors unless I am certain that will help - so looking for some advice. I am fine with factory speed (if it gets 19mph), I really don't need to go faster and want the engine to last longer so feel increasing past factory will just wear the engine faster. So, I don't mind turning it up to get to factory spec but wonder if t hat's the problem, or is their literature wrong...any info from anyone?

Last edited by sgremp; 05-25-2018 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: misspelling
sgremp is offline   Reply With Quote