View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #7
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Battery maintainer????

I'm late to the discussion but I might have something to contribute here.

I also use a DPI charger (which goes into a float mode after a full charge to keep the batteries topped off). But I still use and prefer my individual BatteryMINDER battery maintainer/conditioners on my 48v cart. Hooking each one up to a set of 6v batteries (no need to dissconnect anything).

Reason is I'm very impressed with them as a good product. When not in use on the cart they can go on a common 12v battery and I've been extremely happy how well they have kept my Trojans in tip top shape since they were brand new. I have yet to see any signs of sulfation inside the battery which they also advertise as preventing or breaking up any sulfation - the MAIN killer of lead acid batteries.

Another benefit to multiple chargers is it can cater to a the need of a specific battery rather than a whole bank, giving individual attention when one or two batteries that are low and keeping the whole pack properly balanced without over-charging/under-charging.

Otherwise If you are using only charger and one battery becomes low in a pack, the charger will over charge all the other batteries to get the pack to the proper total voltage. Doing this over and over kills the life of the pack and it will usually need replaced every 4 years or sooner.

BTW BatteryMINDER also makes a 36v and a 48v maintainer version for those who still want the desulfation benifit but only want one unit. The trade-off is your stuck using it only on the cart and you also loose the individual battery attention mentioned earlier to keep the pack balanced.

I hope that wasn't confusing and helped someone. Sorry it was so long-winded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote