View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 PM   #7
b_zazzi
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: New solenoid - no click, new batteries, new tow/run switch

Back from going through check list. All was fine up until pin 10 - check list wants to put reverse/forward switch to neutral, but my cart does not have a neutral position - so could not verify that it was at pack voltage, AND there is no buzzer installed. When switched to reverse, the voltage was at 0, but that could also be due to not back probing correctly, although I did several times to be sure - so that check item was not much help.
On to pin 7 (stop switch?) - With pedal down, I am not getting 3.5 V - it’s 0, same as with pedal up (Bad back probe?).
Next issue occurred at pin 15 which deals with speed sensor - the “thingie” behind the box right by “gas pedal”. Supposed to give 11.5 V. It’s 0. They suggest to remove switch to see if returns to 11.5. What do they mean? I tried to disconnect the electrical connection, but plug is so old, won’t come apart without brut/damaging force. So did not do. If I unscrew the sensor and set aside, will that suffice as removed? Wiring looks okay other than old plug.
And now to coup d’etat - pin 11 (Solenoid out) - I am getting pack voltage whether pedal depressed or not.
Did not test pin 14 (no helper with turning wheel), and pin 16 as a 0 Volt reading could be confirmation, or a bad back probe.
Now I am faced with a bad controller, or bad speed sensor ( or both?). Would a bad speed sensor give me a bad voltage reading on pin 11 (solenoid out)? If someone could please get back to me and help me understand what removing of sensor means ( unplugging or unscrewing). Or should I assume controller is bad, and deal with sensor later?
b_zazzi is offline   Reply With Quote