View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
roady89

I have one but its not an Alltrax DCX speed controller. I have an AXE controller. The program is the same.
The cart is at the shop but I can list what does what.

1. High pedal disable. Check this.
The controller does a diagnostic check upon power up and if it sees throttle input it will disable the controller untill you throttle down. Keeps the cart from taking off if you turn the key on and the pedal is down.

2.Plug brake. (I dont use it)
Supplies the motor with braking current. If you have the brake current set high enough it will throw you out the front when you let off the pedal. Also acts kinda like a regen cart.

3. Turbo. Check this....I would like to see how this does. Its not available on the AXE controllers. Best desciption I can give is...If your controller is not at max amps at full throttle for more than 1 second it will supply more power to the feild....resulting in more power.

4. 1/2 speed reverse.
Self explanitory.

5.Max output current.
Set maximun output. Can be used to limit speed.

6. Undervoltage.
If your batts get to low it will limit power and eventually shut down the controller. This is a good thing so you dont hurt the batteries.

7. Overvoltage.
Sets the over voltage shutoff point for the controller during excessive
regen or overcharging to prevent damage

8.Throttle up rate.
You can play with this a little and find the sweet spot. Remember...if your pullin wheelies because your maxxing out your throttle up rate your also pulling out more battery juice.

9. Throttle down rate.
I set mine at minimum.

10. Brake current.
The higher the setting the more motor brakeing power when you let off the pedal. So much you can be thrown out the front of the cart.

11. Top speed.
Maxxed out of coarse unless you want to limit the kiddies.

Throttle Response Tab

1. Throttle sensor type.
Set it to the appropriate throttle type.

2. Throttle response
I use "Linear". I have played with the others but like linear best.

Monitor Tab
I have never played with these...I'm sure they are usefull if trying to diagnose a problem.