View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #4
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ever heard of these cart batteries?

I'm out here in the desert near Palm Springs, ca, and there are tons of carts and cart communties.

I was talking to a guy that runs a cart repair business, from the golf course in one of these communities, and that is where i heard this. He asked me if I ever used "Global" brand batteries in carts? He said they are less expensive than trojans, and every bit as Good. He gets them from the same company that he gets trojans from.

I will go back and get a look at one, and maybe can get a picture of one.
They are new batteries , NOT used or reconditioned!!

I know locally, a few places sell Interstate reconditioned cart batteries, that they get from the Interstate dealer. I would like to know how they "recondition" them? I heard they take used batteries and clean them up and "hot charge" them. They are selling 8 volt Interstate reconditioned cart batteries for 65.00 each with 6 months warranty. That doesn't sound like any deal to me, i can get new 8 volt trojans for 94.00 with a 2 year warranty.

Myself, i have only been using Trojans and ocassionally USBattery ( when the dealer is out of trojans), so when i come across something i haven't seen, i am curious.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote