View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 09:56 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Bought a new links charger still don't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti19 View Post
97” I think a series. I thought if you had the pack voltage at the red and blue wires at the charger relay that meant the obc was good. I have 48 vdc. Is there way to check the obc.
Just means you have that part. There is a lot more then just the voltage being preset in regards to OBC operation.

You can bypass the OBC by running a jumper from the back side of the charge receptacle (where the black 10g wire is that goes into the harness) and run it directly to the Main Pack Negative. Also take the grey sense wire coming off the same receptacle and land it to the same pack Negative. This will allow the charger to turn on "if" the OBC has failed. Note- This is only to test and not to make normal operation. You would not be "charging" the batteries at all, just quickly "surface charging" the battery plates. The OBC's purpose is to regulate/reduce the current once the batteries reached a much lower voltage and allow the charge to slowly build up to the cutoff voltage. If you just run it unregulated, the plates will quickly reach 61v to 63v but not be fully charged.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote