View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
642Pro
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 2002 G16 Restoration

I found your site and was pretty impressed with the information you could find on here, so I thought I would post my project. I look foreward to any help you can give as this will be my first full project.

I bought this cart new in 2002 and have used and abused it ever since. The cart is used priamarly at the MX tracks that my son races at, almost every weekend for the past 6 years. I spend almost no time in maintaining it, I think I have changed the oil 4 times and replaced the air filter about 6 times.

The cart finally has given me too many troubles, go figure, stops running then re-starts withen a few seconds, when you come to a stop it might diesel then go into reverse, it can handle a small grade but not much more, other than that she still gets around pretty good.

So now that I have bought a 2009 Rhino Sport I'm going to do a complete restoration on old Blue.

To date I have pulled the engine and completly striped it down. I was surprised after pulling the head to see that the cylinder was a single casting to the lower end.

My plans are to put a little more punch in the motor, improve the suspension, paint the body to match the silver Rhino, add a roll cage for looks and shade, larger wheels and tires, a rear seat and Sirus Satalite tunes.

Pictures to follow.

Thanks
642Pro is offline   Reply With Quote