View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
JustJack
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 PDS Speed Increase Advice

JohnnieB and scottyb...thanks a million for the replies! Everything you two said makes perfect sense (in theory) and I REALLY appreciate you telling me about actual tried and true applications.

I was chatting with the guys from the local course and they mentioned larger tires and/or changing the gears to 8:1 or 6:1. Since I'd rather not lift the cart to accommodate the larger tires (and run the risk of them telling me my cart is no longer suitable for the course), that only left me with their gear change option. There are 3 or 4 occasions where I have to start at the previous green and drive up the hill to the next tee. If I lowered the gear ratio, I honestly feel that I'd have to make a U-turn...go back 100 yards...and make a running start at the hill ala Evel Knievel...LMAO.

I'll take a look at the links you provided, but it definitely sounds as though the controller/cable upgrades sound like the way to go. I'm going to assume that performance details for the 42volt set up are provided on the link, but... Is there any real issue with adding a new 7th battery to a set of batteries that are now 8 months old? I know it's not a good practice to replace just one battery when they're starting to get old...but what about the addition in this case?

P.S. when I hit 40 mph...I'm changing my name to JackieB. For now...thanks again for the replies, advice, and solutions!

Jack...JustJack. :)
JustJack is offline   Reply With Quote