View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G9 rev limiter

Oh boy, here we go, and I'll get flack for this: Yamaha makes the fastest stock gas cart out there. With a G9 and CC it will be close but you should be able to take him. Get you a uridium ngk plug, freshly changed synth. oil change, bypass the governor, make sure you tighten down the adjuster under the air filter box that allows the engine to move back (I pull my motor mounts and cut out a piece of steel and lock my engine in place), pull off the foam air filter insert after cleaning out the air filter box, and spray the carb out really good with carb cleaner. I also remove the pcv hose going to the air box, plug it off at the air box, get my a long piece of fuel line, attach it to the valve cover and run it out the back with a fuel filter installed somewhere in the line to keep down oil leaks (just be sure the if you do this that the fuel filter FLOW ARROW is head in the right direction which is out, otherwise it will blow the oil filler cap off due to pressure). The uridium ngk plug number is somewhere in another post of mine in this section. I can't remember off the top of my head.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote