View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #1
gree7363
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Stupid Mistakes - Burned up motor - What to do?

All, had a D&D speed motor in my cart and forgot to heed the caution of so many to not use those for off road use. Long story short burned up the motor driving around on a slushy top layer of a frozen lake.

Now, I need to get this fixed and am trying to weight my options. First, i have 2 commutator bars which slightly came out of their slot and cause the brushes to chip. Damage is not catastrophic, and could probably be fixed. However, if i fix it, I need to replace my motor with a high torque motor anyway. Do any companies do this type of fix?

I have a Sepex cart with an Alltrax XCT 500a controller, and a custom 150ah lithium pack. Custom long travel A arm lift on the front and 4 link on the rear. (Links in sig)

This thing was built for off-road, no clue why i though a speed motor would be fine, just me trying to save a few $$ and ending up spending more in the end.

Im open to ideas and suggestions on motor. I basically want as much torque and "safety" factor built in so that when I do go off road, or drive in snow / slush I know it wont damage anything.

-Dave
gree7363 is offline   Reply With Quote