View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 09:34 AM   #10
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1975 View Post
First post and long time lurker. I know this is an old thread but I am trying to fix this similar problem on a cart I just acquired. 2008 RXV 48V freedom. Danaher controller and no mods. The guy that gave it too me has somebody drive the cart with the brake locked up. He replaced the brake and cart wouldn't move. Thought it was the controller and gave it to me. No voltage at the brake and the cart will not move with the tow/run switch. We had to unbolt the brake just to move it. Could you explain how to check the loop for that switch please? I have done most of the checks that somebody posted for the 2008 troubleshooting. I have checked the brake and gas switches and they test good. I took the brake after it was off and plugged it up to my buddies cart(Same year) and it disengaged when he hit the tow switch. Thank you for your time.
Thank you for bringing the topic back online. I am still working on the unit that is not activating. So this will be good to continue the thread and hopefully learn more about troubleshooting this system. Did you replace the controller already? There is another thread we have on similar subject you may want to ready through - "2014 rxv freedom 1206 ac with encoder fault issue"

All goes around this 5 volt circuit that includes the brake. Have you checked the wiring for the brake? Goes back to pin 7 on the 23 pin connector. In the advanced troubleshooting manual (which I understand you have) gives you the correct voltage readings. Hope we can sort these cars out soon! They are a pain!
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote