Old 05-10-2017, 01:36 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

Quote:
Originally Posted by devontruscott View Post
Hi guys,
I recently made a foolish mistake and shorted my 48v to 5v leads while installing an aftermarket battery gauge. Had my error codes read and found that my TPS and Brake sensor are fried, AC short as well.
I replaced the TPS and BPS but cart still won't move. Replaced brake as well just incase it was the issue.

Is there a definite way to tell if my controller (Danaher) is shorted? I don't want to dish out $1200 on a new controller if its not 100% the problem.
I have tested resistance through the motor leads and get .3 ohms, manual says I should see.4 or higher. Does this mean my motor is shorted or could my meter be off?
appreciate any help
Usually when you take out the throttle and brake encoders, it takes out the motor speed encoder and the controller. The way to test is, unplug the brake encoder and stick the probes of a multimeter set on the 20V scale into the sockets of the orange and black wires of the harness connector you unplugged. Turn on the key and check to see if you have 5V present. If so, your controller MAY have survived. No guarantees, as it usually fries the 5V logic section. If they were able to pull trouble codes,you may have lucked out. Your SOC meter output is probably cooked though.

If your controller is fried, you can get a new Curtis controller conversion kit for about $600 on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172652072571...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote