View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 11:04 AM   #18
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Revamp of a well used 05' Precedent (long post)

Well it was time to retire the tired old lead acid battery. I had drained it too many times and it gave up. I want to be able to play the radio for a long time and not worry about that battery. It was time to invest in a Optima battery. I decided yellow top was probably best suited for my application.

Install was super simple. There are some tabs inside the tub that have to be trimmed off. The one in the rear of the tub you shave till its flush with the tub wall. The hump in the front by the solenoid needs to be cut flat with the bottom of the tub. Then use the two red adapters that come with the battery. The back one needs 1/4" trimmed off the end that faces the front of cart. Then in the front of battery there is a small lip that held the factory hold down in place. I just notched out enough of it to allow the GM style hold down to sit flat on the tub floor. There is already a hole for the bolt there (although i did need a longer bolt). That was it. Probably 10-15 minutes to trim it up and install. Fits excellent and looks like it was supposed to go there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200630_102459[1].jpg (192.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200630_102521[1].jpg (193.0 KB, 0 views)
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote