View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 07:18 AM   #1
Justanoldcart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 96 club new batteries wont move

I am working on a 96 48v club car. it has the toggle f&R switch 2 solenoid, 1 resistor coil, computer speed controlerand NO run/tow switch.

The cart was stating to show signs of needing new batteries. It would last long and the lights would dim after a short time of driving.

I replaced the batteries and cables. Drive it forward and then reverse. Then nothing . I pushed it back in the garage . I check all battery connections and all were good. The checked to voltage with a load tester . I guess when i took the seat off it was pressing on the accelerator pedal. The cart took off and run into all wall. I turned the key off and after that nothing again.

At this time when i turn the key on the frist solenoid clicks . I put it forward nothing, put it in reverse and the buzzer alarms but no clicking or movement. The battey pack is showing 50.7 volts. After testing i did notice the first solenoidwas getting hot and the computer was also warm. The charger works when plugged in .

The last thing i have done was a reset on the computer. The first time i followed the steps for resetting after disconnecting the last ground and putting in reverse the buzzer lasting about 15seconds the stopped. I hooked everything back up and still the cart did nothing . After alittle i followed the reset procedure again but this time after unhooking the last gound i did not get any sound from the buzzer?
Justanoldcart is offline   Reply With Quote