View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Serial a9741-613102 no click 48v after market part

I have a club car and no diagram. I think it was a 97 DS but at some point the controller was replaced. The number on the controller is 1C3645SH4D222C5 and looks like made by GE and dated 2004. It also has an adapter for the controller that was mounted behind the solenoid. The cart was working, but the solenoid was replaced and then nothing. I might add, I used a 36v solenoid at first to prove to my friend that this was the problem. Then the owner decided to get the 48v solenoid, do it himself and he forgot how to hook it up. I bought the cart for $300 a year later and now it is my problem. I can not get the solenoid to click. I can ground the blue/while wire and it clicks. The controller is to tell it to click by making the ground connection when the pedal is pushed. The wire from the micro switch in the throttle tells the controller to turn on and ground the - side of the solenoid. I have the voltage from the gas peddle micro switch to the controller, but the controller does not make the ground. Also, If I ground the blue/white wire, the solenoid clicks, but I have no movement either of the cart. It appears the controller may have been damaged. It there a way to test it. It has multi plug wires. I am in doubt of the green and also the yellow wire from the OBC. I do not know what they do.. This cart only has 1 solenoid, not 2 like most of the drawings. I am at a loss on what to do. Can I ground out something to make the controller work? What is the correct controller for the cart? Any input would be very appreciated. Greg

Last edited by n3phf2; 03-24-2015 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Better discription
n3phf2 is offline   Reply With Quote