View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
ezgojohny
Not Yet Wild

Default 4 stroke Blowing white smoke and spitting oil out of exhaust

2003 TXT - This weekend. Cart was running fine for a day and a half. Then got on it and it was really hesitant to fire. I held down the accelerator for about 10-15 seconds before it would fire. Got it back to the camper. Notice the Carb. overflow line was pouring out gas. Thought maybe the float was stuck open. So i knocked on it a little bit to try to get it unstuck. Then the gasoline leak stopped. However, the cart still won't run, hardly. Now, when it does fire it blows white smoke out of the exhaust and spits oil onto the ground out of the exhaust. I also noticed that the bottom hose running to my fuel pump is leaking gas at the fitting. The fuel pump is brand new. The fuel pump is not leaking, but where the line hooks up it is leaking a little kind of like it is clogged or full or something. I can get it running after about 15 seconds of holding down the accelerator, but it will only run for about 4 seconds, blowing smoke and oil the whole time. It will then die. And I will have to hold down the accelerator for another 15 or so seconds and it will repeat this running for 4 seconds with smoke and oil.

Has anyone experienced this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ezgojohny is offline   Reply With Quote