View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Sams batt sale vs lithium decision

So next weekend the May 12th Sam’s club is having a one day sale and all batteries are $20 off. Yes I know they’re not great but $80 for 8volt or $480 pack if you pair them with a good float charger like Yewey they should be ok for a while.

I’ve been putting off my voltage upgrade waiting for lithium to stabilize both in price and parts. My current pack is from 2012 and charges to a little over 80% and I let to go months with out charging(my bad). So I’m thinking I can do the alltrax upgrade with cables, charger and batts. Then in a few months or years I can sell the batts, unused cables and charger.

I know I’m not the only 36 volter with this dilemma. If I was already 48 volts it would be a no brainer to buy some time and get the alltrax boost.

Cart is a DCS and I definitely hear the warnings Scotty has put out about the stock motor on 48v. So I’m thinking of changing the motor also. FSIP speed has a 10% increase in torque so will it combined with the extra 12 volts make up for the 22” tires. Or should I go with the FSIP torque and hope to get 25mph with added volts and tires. I’m on and off road with slight hills and occasional to rare steeps. My plan was speed motor while losing 350lbs with lithium to make up extra torque.

Last edited by CrazyDad; 05-06-2018 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Tire size
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote