View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #6
fishsticker
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48 volt twin motor twin 500 amp controllers on lithium power

THE QUESTIONS

Right now my biggest question is do I get a 60 ah battery pack or do I have to get a 120 ah pack?

All I really need is an honest 10 miles of range. I have no need for 30 miles of range. 10 miles will allow us to hunt all the properties we are currently hunting and have a good safety factor. The terrain here is flat. A few gentle inclines….all travel is off road. No pavement.

The top speed on the buggy with the weak batteries right after charging was about 21 mph. I rarely go 10 mph. When hog hunting at night a lot of our trip is at a crawl…..1mph or less….not a lot of mud ridding but we do have to traverse some mud holes on occasion

From my research it looks like a typical factory cart at cruise on the golf course draws about 50 amps correct? With my twin motors cursing at 10 miles per hour what would I draw…….75 amps?

Creeping along at 1 to 2 miles per hour what would you guys estimate my current load to be?

Pulling up to a 6” diameter tree branch and crawling over it would draw what?

Reason for this line of questions is it looks like the rated capacity of a 60 ah Nissan leaf pack is only 7kw continuous and momentary 12kw. So max load is 145 amp sustained and 250 momentary? I’m worried I would exceed that with twin motors and controllers. Even driving like a paw paw.

I saw some post on other threads here where some were reporting 250 continuous and 500 momentary and double that for the 120 ah setup. Which is correct?

Could I protect the pack with a 250 or 300 amp fuse against damaging overload install one 60ah and see how it goes? If I keep blowing the fuse just purchase a second pack and run them in parallel? If I go with the 120 ah pack from the beginning my current layout would have them as two separate packs in parallel anyway

I have purchased the JLD404 and the 5740TV from lightobject…… they should be in this week…does anyone know if the JLD404 will provide me with the real-time current draw from the battery pack or just estimated amp hours consumed?

Any recommendations on a good current meter that I could use to monitor current if the JLD404 will not?

I do have access to an identical unmodified Bad Boy Buggy. I could do some testing after I locate an amp meter. Could that original FLA battery pack handle the potential 1000 amp load of the twin controllers?
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote