View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #3
cushman898452
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman 898452-8810 Keihin Carb Flooding

Apologies for the delayed response, it's been a rough couple weeks with projects at work.

Thanks for the info Charley. It appears the truck I have is the 22HP model as the plugs are facing up at you when you pull the seat down. I see what you mean about the bypass fuel filter and it makes sense. The OEM fuel pump is on the engine still and does work and there is no gas in the oil so that's a start. I will have to confirm the return is pushing fuel back but the main problem I'm finding is that even after rebuilding the carb it just floods and pours fuel out the throat of the carb. Quite frustrating and the only thing I have left to swap out is the float and needle but it's I've struck out online trying to find them. Any idea where to find one because that's what I think the current problem is. I agree with the upgrade to the electric fuel pump but for starters I need to get the fuel flow under control into the carb as that's a failure point currently.

I'm laughing at your parts store description, the auto parts store guys at the Advance near me usually just tell me generally where stuff is and I go find it myself. It's true, they only know what the computer tells them and asking them to get off the stool is a lot!

I'll post success stories as soon as I have this thing up and running but need that needle and float setup you speak of, just no idea where to look for that.

Looking forward to hearing back from you as I'll be buying that stuff ASAP, want this thing running.
cushman898452 is offline   Reply With Quote