View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 02:08 PM   #1
cushman898452
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman 898452-8810 Keihin Carb Flooding

Hello,

New cushman owner here hoping to get some guidance on a truckster a family friend purchased that I'm helping get running. It's a Truckster model 898452-8810 with the OMC opposed engine in it, can't figure out which engine though, 18 or 22HP. The stickers worn. Currently I've got the truck to fire and run but it floods out really bad. The current setup has the original mechanical fuel pump which I've replaced the lines, cleaned and flushed the tank and installed a new fuel cap (Missing) as well as a fuel filter. The truck had what looked like a brand new bypass filter which is my suspect of failure point. I have rebuilt the carb with a new kit, this has the Keihin carb on it, cleaned the points off so the 2 coils fire nicely into new plugs. For the heck of it, I had a spare snowblower tank that I ran direct to the carb prior to rebuilding the carb with a fuel shut off valve at half closed and it sat there and sang, anything else it has only stayed running for a short period of time. I'm very familiar with small engines and power equipment but honestly this one has me scratching my head! Hoping someone can point out something obvious I may have overlooked.

I did see a post somewhere else by a gentleman named "Charley" that mentioned setting up an electric fuel pump and doing away with the bypass filter and return line. My issue with that is I do not believe the carb will hold back even a couple psi fuel pressure coming at it.

Looking forward to what folks have for input, really want to get this thing moving! Enjoy your weekend!

cushman898452
cushman898452 is offline   Reply With Quote