View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Golf Cart Parts substitute

Metal Gas Tank Restoration -

For fixing metal gas tanks that are badly rusted inside and even if they have pin holes, there is a gas tank repair kit made by KBS Coatings and available through Amazon that etches the rust out of the inside and then coats the inside with an epoxy like coating that takes a few hours of effort to use, but leaves a truly amazing finish inside the tank. This is the perfect fix for any tank that is no longer available as a replacement. Different size kits are available, so any size tank can be treated. The kits are labeled for the size tank that they are for, and unless you will be doing more than one tank at the same time, don't buy a large kit, thinking that you will save the rest for later use, because it won't keep after it's been opened. Buy for the tank that you need it for or tanks that you will be treating at the same time.

I treated the metal gas tank of my 1987 Cushman Truckster three years ago and it is still perfect inside, like the day that I put it back into use. Since then I have done a tractor and rototiller metal tanks. The result is better than a new metal tank because it should never rust again from the inside out..

I have no connection with KBS. I'm just a well satisfied user of their products.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote