View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club car Graziano transaxle

Yes, The motor centering kit is the one I mentioned earlier. It fits between the motor spline coupler and the transaxle input shaft to tighten the slack between the motor and transaxle input shaft when the splines are worn from rust/age. Worn splines can cause a grinding or chatter noise, usually when coasting or decelerating.

The spline coupler is on the open side of the motor, it fits onto the input shaft of the transaxle. The splines on the input shaft can wear and cause noise. The splines in the coupler can wear and cause noise as well. The centering kit from Club car only fits 10 spline motors, so count the number of splines in the coupler, or on the trans input shaft.
The motor bearing included in the kit may be different from yours since you have a PTO gear on the end of the motor. You would have to remove the sprocket and motor/ brush end housing and check the bearing number to see if it matches. No biggie if it doesn’t match, as motor bearings can usually be bought for about $15 if it needs one. Assuming that the splines are worn, and the centering kit is even needed. If the splines are not worn and the motor bearing is smooth and doesn’t make any noise, then it probably doesn’t need the kit.

Check the axle for noise after removing the motor. If it still makes the same noise with no motor, problem is in the axle and will need to be taken apart to determine the source of the noise.

The best way to rule out chain noise, remove the chain.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote