View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
driver33b
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Almost free 12v-8v Precedent conversion

G'day, not at this stage...l am still trying to find out more about CCs criteria to bring out the different versions of the OBC.

I've read that 48v is 48v and that the 6x8v pack has the same amount of cells as the 4x12v....l have also read that the latest ver. has a better algorithm, so l know it would be a better scenario....so would a 500amp Altrax...but my cart and charger are 6 years old, so l am comfortable with the original OBC. I know if the OBC fails l will be replacing it with whatever CC recommends.

A bit more research of the 2008 Precedent (where CC changed back to 6x8v), parts list shows that on page 197 it lists 4x12v Ventmaster batteries uses Version 3.0 as the OBC....and page 211 lists OBC ver. 4.0 fits both 4x12v and 6x8v batteries on the new battery tray/configuration. I believe CC are up to ver. 6 now?.....so there is obviously improvements to be benefited from.

I'd like to find a list actually showing what ver.3 replaced throughout the CC range...maybe l need to do some more research?
driver33b is offline   Reply With Quote