View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Increase hill and overall speed 2000.5 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellerjam View Post
Yes, looks like they were made about a week apart (serial # on mine is A0032), so thanks. I'm even more of a newbie so all this input is helpful.

If I read your thread right, you put in a Plum Quick motor - did you also upgrade to 4 gauge cable and new controller, solenoid and F/R switch?

How's the speed up hill with a few people on it now vs before? that's my biggest issue. I may get greedy at some point and want a ton of speed but I don't live in an area where's that is a good idea - max 22-23 on flats and some reasonable speed on a 45 degree hill is my short term minimum need.

Leaning to trying the controller/cable/F/R/solenoid upgrade first that scotty mentioned, see how it does, then add the upgraded motor later if needed (and properly upgrade the brakes at that point)

Thanks - any other learnings are welcomed since I am on a similar journey
I did put in a Plum Quick motor, but there were some minor adjustments made once we received it. I did not do those adjustments...my new best friend did lol. I wanted additional speed, I couldn't handle 13mph but I also wanted torque, a little jump off the line. I did not want to get into the controller, the F/R switch or anything else. I will however have to put disc brakes all around or we'll tear the cart up just trying to stop it. As far as the cables I'll do that when I put all new batteries in. My cart carries me and one other since it's set up to play a round of golf as well. Scottyb and these other guys have been doing this for years and I'd follow their lead. What I did not want to do was lift the cart mainly because of all of the upgrading that would have to be done (contoller, F/R, Batteries, lift kit, cables etc.) what I did want was speed. By adding 12" rims and low pro tires I gained 3-4 mph and with the new motor we GPS'd it at 27mph on flat surface (took a long time to stretch it out) but it crusies at 22-23mph. Can't stress enough - in order to enjoy it it'll have to have good disc breaks. On a 45 degree incline? Man I don't have a clue Scottyb or Shadowman can answer that. Hope this helps :)
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote