View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #1
GACarts
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 PDS Forward / Reverse Conversion (Bell Type to Rocker Switch on the Dash)

I have the odd ball year 2000 36V EZGO PDS that has the bell housing type Forward Reserve Lever style under the seat switch and I want to convert to the Rocker F/R Switch that goes on the dash.

I've already cut the 3 wires that run to the two microswitches on the original F/R and ran them to the dash. They are "Green, Orange, and Orange/Red". I did a lot of research before posting this and the majority of threads were DCS to PDS conversions as most of the DCS carts have the same type of "bell housing" F/R under the seat.

I was told that I would need to run a diode on the new 3 Prong Rocker Switch. Would this be correct:

Green ---> Forward Prong
Orange ---> Reverse Prong
Orange/Red ---> Middle Prong
***Diode ---> Green to Orange with the banded/cylinder thing closest to the green prong?

Also- As far as the diode, would one similar to what comes with a HD Solenoid work? I received two when I ordered it...

OR am I totally missing this and need to get a 6-Prong rocker switch and utilize all the wires on the original F/R Switch? I cut them above the plugs before they split into two blue/yellow. I've also already re-rerouted the Reverse Beeper to next to the controller.

Thanks for any help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg switch.jpg (16.5 KB, 0 views)
GACarts is offline   Reply With Quote