View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 48v CC digital voltmeter install problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytiger864 View Post
New member here, I've searched several times and I haven't found any mention of this type of issue. Please forgive me if I've missed it in the searches.

Here's what I've got. 1998 Club Car DS 48v and I added one of these digital volt meters off of Amazon. (see pics) I have the voltmeter wired to the battery ground and to the switched part of the key switch so it turns off with the key. I charged the cart fully and turned it on and it's reading 46.4 volts. So I check the batteries with my handheld meter and I'm getting 49.8 volts. I measured the wires going to the new voltmeter with my handheld meter and I also get 46.4 volts, so I know the new voltmeter is accurate.

My question is why would the always hot side of the key switch read 49.8 volts like the batteries and the switched side read 46.4 volts? Is my key switch bad? I don't want to have to wire the voltmeter straight to the battery pack with a toggle switch if I don't have to.

Thanks for the help.

Pics attached showing the readings.
When you say you have the negative side of the meter hooked to "battery ground", where exactly do you mean? On the actual battery post? Or on a ground block?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote