View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 10:24 PM   #1
andrew520
Not Yet Wild

Default Help converting G1 solenoid setup to single G16 solenoid

I have a 1985 G1 cart with a 1998 G16 Engine. The person who did the swap left the original dual solenoid setup intact and I am now having an issue. The cart starts and runs fine when cold but after driving for awhile and getting it hot, if you stop the cart and attempt to start it again the solenoid just clicks, the starter doesn't crank, eventually it will start after the engine bay cools off a little. I installed this new Starter less than 1 month ago, was a brand new eBay purchase. These solenoids look original to the 1985 cart and since I only need it to crank forward I would like to eliminate this setup and install a single solenoid.

How should the starter be wired to be correct? Right now this is the setup:

"F2" IS + DIRECT TO BATTERY

Here is the solenoid I want to use (if it will work. It is a normally closed continuous duty solenoid)

Extra info:

Testing with a volt meter/test light with the cart off or key on, A1 A2 F1 and F2 on the starter are all hot (same when tested at the solenoids). The exciting wire gets hot with key on and foot on pedal, starter cranks and engine starts (when cool). When you push the pedal A1 goes dark and the other three remain hot.

Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks
andrew520 is offline   Reply With Quote