View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 08:56 PM   #1
daron
Not Yet Wild

Default Clutch problems , chuck wagon engine swap

Hey again , I have read and read on this site and learned a lot recently but I’m still stumped! I have a bristles chuck wagon and have recently took on a engine swap , I’ve installed a 25hp Kawasaki engine , bought a duster 94c 9 puck ribbed cover set up for 1600 engagement, ive also purchased a new comet 790 driven 8 and a half inch round , ive fitted it with a gates 1 3/16 wide belt and adjusted it to have about 1 3/4 slack and the buggy performance is terrible, out of the garage going up a very slight in Cline I get Mabey 3mph and no load on the engine , once I start to go down hill it upshifts fast ! And will lug the engine when starting to go back up hill but doesn’t seem to want to down shift , if I stop and start again, going up hill it’s back to the 3mph stuff , I hope I’m explaining this well enough, this thing ran a lot better with the factory 11hp and the comet 500 series clutches , I hope some one can tell me what I need to try or buy , I appreciate any help greatly thanks in advance guys !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daron is offline   Reply With Quote