Thread: Primer / Sealer
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
aacorp
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Primer / Sealer

Good news on the compatibility, appreciate it. I have no illusions of being a painter, thus am full of questions - hope you don't mind!

I initially planned to paint this cart in early Spring, and bought everything that I needed for the project. Being an NHRA fan I'm sure you can appreciate how the cart project was instantly deprioritized when we were struggling with the engine/clutch setup this Spring - and then broke a valve spring, .... yada, yada. Now, 123 runs later, the cart project is back on, but the weather is drastically different and I bought chemicals for 70 degree temps and I want to use them in 50 degree temps.

So, can I shoot paint / reducers that are intended for warmer temps & 'slow' ranges when it is this cool in Pennsylvania? I was planning to double+ the dry time between coats, will that suffice?

I would leave the project till next Spring, but I'm planning to buy another Jr within the next few weeks - and I'll need to paint this one ---> next Spring!

BTW, as much as I like drag racing, I'm not a drag racer myself. So, my son and I are learning together (primarily by losing - for now!). It sure is fun though, not many 8 year olds are doing 51mph in 660', and then going 75mph at age 10! Car runs a 1.96 60'!!

Oh, and he's learning to shoot PPG as well :) We have a joint project: '69 Nova SS396

aacorp is offline   Reply With Quote