View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 01:29 AM   #1
dustydolittle
Not Yet Wild

Arrow Pargo Utility cart Rear Seal replacement

I just bought a Pargo utility cart that has a leaky rear seal. I removed the brake hub and found out that it has a welded (factory) hub. No removable nut to expose the axle.
I think it has a Terrel axle. It is a split housing design. I see a compression spring clip behind the hub that is difficult to get to but I will continue to work it at. Once it is removed, Do I slide hammer the axle out, pulling the seal with it? Or maybe there is just too much oil in the rear end? It wasn't leaking until I added more fluid. Any manuals for the Terrel axle, if that is what it is? The axle does not have an end cap, just two axle tubes attached to a split (in the middle) gear box. The rating on the cart is one ton load. I think it was an airport luggage hauler and tug.
New to this but have moved from repairing and selling riding lawn mowers, to buying all metal carts on Craigslist and refurbishing them for farmers and bud growers. One has a solid bed, the other, a dumper. Nice thing, as the bed goes total vertical so you can roll two 50 gallon barrel onto the lip, (upright) and the lower the bed, picking up the #1000 load.
The tug is 36 volt drive and carries one 5-12 volt batteries storage cart, These twelve, have a 8000 watt pure sine wave 20,000 peak surge for 10 seconds LF converter - plus - it is a 100 watt reverse charger connected by 1/0 wire, cabled so each cell has the exact same length draw wire. This is powered by a 3500 watt Honda quiet generator, auto start and shut down and plugged into the grid. This cart is plugged into a battery bank of 8-12 volt
Odyssey Gel Cell.
yet, an EMP would still take it all out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0255.jpg (201.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0254.jpg (205.1 KB, 0 views)
dustydolittle is offline   Reply With Quote