View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #2
SouthernFlyed
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cosmetics done. Time for some performance

Wish I could be more of a help, but my 1997 TXT DCS is at the shop getting her updates finished this week. It's gonna be a sporting clays cart and granddaughter limo. You'll get some great advice from the folks here as I did, but I'd also look at Carts Unlimited's website and click on the UPGRADES FOR EZGO CARTS & WHAT TO EXPECT! It was, along with this site a truck load of advice.

Drop ins to single 36/48v batteries, Lithium to LA, solenoids and controllers, heavy gauge wiring, F/R switch updates and approximate pricing are all discussed between here and that Carts unlimited page, even got quick responses from ScottieB on this forum.

My list of upgrades are as follows (thank God I was given the cart by a buddy):

New Mot B2 motor
New 600amp Navitas controller w/ONF
HD Solenoid
New F/R switch
2ga wiring
20" tires
12v reducer to use lights & charge phone (no music yet, but I see that coming for the wife, daughter & granddaughter)
36v LIFEPO4 battery pack (3 12vs) with SOC meter & charger
& since my old trailer wasn't big enough, added a 5'6" x 10'6" trailer
Hoping to do a "wrap" of paint, but may wait til this spring

If I don't get the performance I want with all the uprades I can add an additional 12v battery (in series) and 48v charger pand go to 48v as all the upgrades are capable of running 48v. Cleared this with the provider of the batteries and if I do this within a year I will NOT void my warranty.

One thing from the Carts Unlimited website was that a "new controller would add 30% more power/torque with the same speed with the stock motor" and that might be your solution.

Best of luck bringing a classic cart to the watering hole of what's out there in 2021!
SouthernFlyed is offline   Reply With Quote