View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #14
Micbad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 EZGO Project

Update on the rear shock saga... After a day of over engineering the shocks and mounts I've determined they will work by mounting them outside the leaf spring but these shocks are just too long - with the spring compressed the best I can get them is 16 inches. Frankly, they are junk honestly.

I am sending them back, not impressed.

Back to the drawing board. The good thing is with the shick mounting plate relocated back to the top of the lea spring - regardless of the lift below the leaf spring - it will take a stock length shock. It's just a bit over 15 inches in the rear from top plate to the bottom plate.

I found another pair of coilovers that are 16 inches tip to tip. I am actually concerned they are too short for anything but a stock mounting location. Not sure if the spring will clear the Navistas motor.

I found various versions of the "stock shock" some are very short and others appears to be 18 inches fully extended down to 13/14 inches compressed.

I am going to order a stock pair I think will fit and also order these shorter coilovers and see which ones fit better.

With new heavy duty (3) leaf springs in the back the coil overs might just be overkill. I know it's an extended cart with extra steel I've added when I rebuilt the frame and it will have 275 pound Lithium - plus a much of other accessories - it might just not be heavy enough. The longer wheel base will help the ride too but lifting it and putting Jakes kit on the front / rear so it's not exactly set up like a cadilac anyway.

Well that's about it for this round of the shock saga - To be continued...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg updated rear shock.jpg (124.7 KB, 0 views)
Micbad is offline   Reply With Quote