View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #10
driver33b
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Almost free 12v-8v Precedent conversion

G'day zimms, Yes my whole set up is stock standard....charger and OBC....yes the batteries are in standard series wiring format, using the original battery cables cut in half. The extra cable lugs were my only real cost on the modification. I love the cart the way it is now....maybe just a little bit lower to look at, and I do notice the difference in weight when I man handled it (I'm 64).

The cart is totally reliable in performance now, no more crawling away on one acceleration and then like a hare on the next....it goes like a hare ALL the time....just the way it SHOULD be!

The only thing l'm doing different since my last post is l have decided to charge after every use because of our electricity cost increases here in Australia....so it gets 3 top-ups (1.5-2hrs) 3 times a week at 10.01pm @ 9c/kwh....instead of 40c/kwh once a week(6-8hrs) after golf.

Hope this helps you make up your mind. I decided I was not going to trade up or change the cart...it was my first and will be my last...chopping the guts out to fit the 8v batteries was the hardest decision...once I did I had NO regrets whatsoever! It is MY cart and it's performance (stock) now matches my expectations. Wouldn't have it any other way!
driver33b is offline   Reply With Quote