View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default I Don't Know What It Is But I Am Going To Restore It:

This is a true barn find. The previous owner claims that it is a 1962 and the badging indicates that it is called a "Sports Rider" and was produced in California. A thorough net search shows, literally, nothing about it anywhere. Absolute zero. All the same, my son and I are going to tear this thing down, build it back up and get it rolling again.

This is a 36v resistor / rheostat cart very similar the the Cushman Golfster carts of that era. GE motor but I haven't been able to get to the numbers yet. This cart was made to be street legal for sure as it has a full lighting system (head, tail, turn), windshield wiper and horn. It has an onboard charger with a place for extension cord to be plugged in at the rear of the cart. It even has a functional trunk.

It only has 3 wheels and tiller steering. What's crazy is that there are no pedals. You will see in the picture of the driver's side that there is a lever at the driver's left hand. That lever activates both the acceleration via the rheostat and the drum brakes. Pull the the lever back and the cart will go forward. Push the lever forward and the cart will disengage power and apply braking.

I will post some pics as we go. This is going to get interesting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart5.JPG (53.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart6.JPG (35.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart7.JPG (60.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cart8.JPG (46.7 KB, 0 views)
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote