View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive 3 charger problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest pines golfer View Post
Hi, new to forum. Any help is greatly appreciated. Recently purchased 2008 precedent with 4-12 volt US batteries. Powerdrive 3 charger when plugged in to the cart will peg out past the 15 amp mark on the charger. Batteries had sat for a while before purchase but they all take a charge and the cart will run. Charger won't back off during the charging. I don't think this is normal but not really sure. I have added water to batteries but as of yet haven't got batteries too hot while charging. Afraid to leave charger running for a long period of time. Also I have a volt meter and the highest reading I have taken after a charge is 49.3. I just learned from reading another post that 50.9 is a full charge. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks
It's normal to charge at that rate for a few hours. Sometimes 4-6 hours actually. With a 2008 Precedent with 12 Volt batteries, if they're the original batteries, it may charge like that the entire time and turn off simply because the OBC "Gives up" and turns off due to the "Max Timer" feature after 16 hours. If your charger is putting out that many amps for over 6-7 hours I'd suspect a serious battery issue. I'd suspect that anyways in a 2008 with original 12 Volt batteries, especially if you're unsure of the history of the vehicle. Do the batteries boil while charging? Do they stink?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote