View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 03:36 AM   #13
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Turkey Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongbeardExpress View Post
It is a vicious disorder Mike. I havent even heard of a cure. It is so much more interactive than deer hunting. You dont even have to kill one to get it. If you get a good gobbler that is responding to your calls and you can work him in, man there just aint nuthin like it. I used to live for deer season but now deer season is good scouting time for turkey and I get to shoot a deer if I happen to see one.
The only cure is a coffin, well for most that is. I have left instructions to have turkey calls put in my coffin when I go. I might not get to jellyhead them in heaven but I'm still gonna harass them a bit. Your right too about the scouting. They do kind of work hand in hand. Your looking for turkey sign while your deer hunting and while your turkey hunting your usually covering a lot more ground and going to new places of the property that you have never been before and find good places to deer hunt. Kinda helps you out all around.

Yes turkey hunting is addictive. I have given up so much for it and will continue to as long as I am physically able. If given only one choice between deer hunting and turkey hunting----I would have rifle's for sale tomorrow.
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote