View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Ntwestja
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car will only run with Charger Plugged in

Thanks for the help. I will tell you. I was a electrical engineer until about two years ago and moved into management. I started messing with golf carts about four years ago. I have taken a gas club car and a electric club car and swapped out the frames and lift from one to another about two years ago. I have bought a few and fixed them up, painted them and resold them just as a hobby. This one is a fixer upper also. I had this cart running and pulled the batteries off to put on another cart that I sold. it just puzzles me that it will only work with the charger plugged up. it acts like it is not getting a ground or negative to the system. that is the reason I jumped out the negative to the solenoid. That keeps the solenoid engaged, but nothing else works. I also have a gas club car that I have modified with KN system and cut the clutch down to get more torque. I have the modified springs in it also. it is a beast for climbing hills. This electric one is giving me fits right now. That is why I am reaching out for some help.
Ntwestja is offline   Reply With Quote